A dental cleaning is a preventative treatment that can protect teeth against tooth decay and gum disease. The treatment is performed to remove plaque and tartar from teeth surfaces. Plaque is a sticky film that coats teeth surfaces. It is made up of bacteria, acids and food particles, and it eats away at teeth surfaces.…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (310) 736-1063 today to reach Yanase Dental Group.
Dental fillings are one of the best ways to restore missing , however, one question that comes up is how long these fillings will last. There are different types of fillings that patients can choose from, which plays a part in how long they last.In this article, we outline how long different types of dental…
When a person has a missing tooth, one of the quick and affordable options they might consider is a dental bridge. Missing teeth affect daily dental functions and social interactions. This article covers what a dental bridge is, how it works, and how a bridge addresses a gap in the smile due to missing teeth.A…
Wondering if you should undergo a full mouth reconstruction? This dental treatment option is for those who are experiencing significant wear, damage or decay to most or all of their teeth. Since there are many different types of reconstruction options available, choosing the right procedures is necessary.Want to undergo a full mouth reconstruction so you…