TMJ disorder is a common issue that can result from teeth grinding and other dental concerns. Most instances are minor, but TMJ that is left untreated can linger or worsen into a more serious issue. Many instances of jaw pain are caused by TMJ, and it is helpful to understand the symptoms of TMJ and…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (310) 736-1063 today to reach Yanase Dental Group.
Wondering why a general dentist will take X-rays of their patients? According to the American Dental Association, dental X-rays are a useful diagnostic tool for helping a dentist detect damage and disease not visible during a regular dental exam.Considering choosing a general dentist in Torrance? Many dental patients look for a local dentist for convenience.…
cosmetic dentist aims to address issues that affect the appearance of a person's teeth. The look of a person's teeth is one of the first things that others notice about them during social interactions, and not being happy with the appearance of their smile can lead to reduced confidence.When it comes to things that people…
Implant supported dentures are a more comfortable option than their conventional counterparts. Attaching dentures to implants leads to remarkable stability while speaking or eating. It provides a solution for missing teeth that feels a lot like having real teeth.Traditional dentures come with an adjustment period as the wearer gets used to eating and speaking with…